The Roseland Festival
2018 Annual General Meeting
This year’s AGM will, again, be held at the Roseland Inn, Philliegh, at 7:30pm on the 3rd October 2018. Please note this in your diaries.
Everyone is welcome and we would like to invite you to come and hear about our plans for the 2019 Festival, also to give your own suggestions as to the events that you would like to see included in future Festivals. It is always a fun evening, refreshments will be provided and it will be a good opportunity for you to meet old friends over a drink.
The 2018 Festival was again a huge success. On the back of this, the Committee is busy planning for next year, when it will be held between the 23rd April – 3rd May, 2019.
The following gives a flavour of what is planned and the issues we face:
- Some of the 2018 events were such a success that we will be repeating them. Thanks to the sponsorship of Fal River, we will have another boat trip. It was full to capacity last year in spite of the cold weather and we all learnt much about the birdlife and history of the creeks along the River Fal.
- The Kit Hillbillies also gave us a rousing evening so we have booked them to close the 2019 Festival at the Memorial Hall in St. Mawes, this gives more capacity so that a bigger audience has plenty of space to really enjoy the music.
- There will be another photographic competition organised by Wild Roseland. The exhibition will again form part of the 2019 Festival. Details are on the Wild Roseland website.
- Two well known and popular authors, Robert Goddard and Patrick Gale have agreed to give us talks.
- Many more events are being explored and you will learn more at the AGM.
What is the future for the Roseland Festival?
Unfortunately, two of our longstanding Committee members are resigning at the AGM. This leaves just four on the Committee and it is impossible to run the Festival with such a small number of organisers. In order for us to deliver the 2019 Festival we urgently need at least two extra members to make up the numbers. Specifically, to help in recruiting sponsors and with sourcing and co-ordinating some of the events. Also, if there is someone out there who can manage a website and is willing to help us with ours, we would welcome you with open arms! If you feel willing to help, please don’t wait until the AGM to say so. The sooner we can get some new Committee members on board, the easier it will be for them to help delivering the 2019 Festival. Sadly, without new members on the Committee soon, we will have to conclude that the Roseland Festival is in jeopardy. If you would be interested in joining the committee and would like to discuss prior to the AGM how the committee works, please ring either Sue Fallick (01872580050) or Graham Turpin (01326270317). Please pass this request on to anyone you think might be interested in helping.